Thursday, April 24, 2014

little musician


For Parker's first birthday, I bought him a little red piano, accompanied by my own dreams of him loving it.  Well....he was one, so I'll cut him some slack, but he never really got into it.  For the past two years, it's sat in his room and he has occasionally banged around on it.  I've tried playing "Mary Had a Little Lamb" and "Hot Cross Buns" to spark his interest, but to no avail.

However, Reece seems to feel differently.  Ever since my Dad told me that the piano seemed to calm Reece down when he was fussy (a trick he learned while babysitting the two boys), I brought the piano into our living room and sat Reece down in front of it.  He knew exactly what to do.




We'll show this picture at his recital when he's older :)


Seriously, I'm just glad it's getting some use.  And of course, not to be outdone by his younger brother, Parker has shown more interest in it too.


1 comment:

  1. What a darling little virtuoso! What joy!

    ReplyDelete